The Clark Family

The Clark Family

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Gift

I do not have a big story to tell or any great updates nothing has really changed in our lives other than Crimsyn is growing up right before our eyes as well as the other kids...Life is full of ups and downs,but I think it is what we learn when were in the valley that makes the mountains that much greater and i think that if there were never any valleys we really couldn't enjoy the view..What is life all about anyways, yes first and foremost I think to serve God and keep his commandments should be our top priority but within us all lies a capacity of love and compassion and I think God wants us to to use that to help others, I for one fail greatly in that department but if I had a goal for 2012 I would love to help those in need, I usually think of poor people and yes I most definitely want to help in that area and get out of my comfort zone to do that ,skip buying those cute shoes or my kids a new outfit just because and give to those who need it so much more than I do, but I have thought a lot lately of how many other ways people need help, sometimes its as simple as a smile or a simple I love you, maybe a card in the mail, a pat on the back, maybe my time, time yes that would be a sacrifice to give someone(other than my immediate family) my time...I had a life altering experience with the adoption of our last two children, it has profoundly changed my life, many nights I lie in bed and think of my children's birth mother and the other people that had to live in such poverty and I feel a since of guilt of why I have such a blessed life, who I am, I am no better than any of those people but somehow by Gods mercy I am beyond blessed and whats amazing is they feel the same way, They feel the love of our Saviour too, maybe its because of their simplicity that they can feel his love so strongly, I believe if someone is honest in their hearts God will make a way, In saying that his ways are so high above ours that we will never figure them out but I truly believe he does not look at things the way we do, we as humans have complicated things but I would love to get back to the simplicity that is in Christ Jesus..Today I feel happy, happy that I know him, Happy that I am the mother to four wonderful beautiful children, and a wife to an amazing husband,today I am thankful for Life and it is a GIFT!!!

1 comment: