The Clark Family

The Clark Family

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Re-Cap

Well I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, we did!!!! It was amazing to have our children and enjoy Christmas together. To see Resiana and the excitement she showed and to know this time last year she was sleeping Add Imageon a side walk and that Christmas to her was just another day but this year was totally different. It is amazing how God has blessed our lives this year, I would of never dreamed that we would of been blessed with not one but two children, we are a very happy and blessed family and we could never praise God enough.

We did have a good Christmas, but unfortunately we have had very sick children, baby Crimsyn took very sick during the night Christmas Eve and was sick during all the holidays and after taking him to the doctor on Monday after Christmas they determined he had RSV. He was very sick but with breathing treatments, antibiotics he still was not making a big improvement but after much prayer and the compassion and love the prayers got through and he is now 100% better.

Resiana has been very healthy since coming to us and it has been very hard for us to watch her be so sick, she took sick the Monday after Christmas and remained sick all week,running high fever and just laying around. We were very concerned because she just couldn't seem to get over it, Caden took sick also but only ran high fever for a couple of days and now just has a cough. Resiana did not have any symptoms other than the high fever but on Wednesday night she came in our room and I thought she was sick at her stomach but when I turned the light on I realized she was bleeding it was all over her, I ran to the bathroom and started cleaning her up and realized she was having a severe nose bleed, thankfully it stopped within about five minutes. Well the rest of the week she remained sick and Sunday night the kids were watching TV and Carter started yelling for me and she was having another nose bleed this time it was massive, I got her to the bathroom and it was coming out with such force it was splattering on the walls and we could not get it stopped, after about ten minutes I started to panic, I could not get it to stop it continued for maybe another five minutes and I realized she was getting weak and I had to do something, I called the church and told them to tell Michael to come home and when he got home it was still bleeding and I think it bleed for about 40 mins, after about 25min it slowed but continued to bleed. The ER did blood work and was concerned, her platelets were low and that is what allows your body to clot. So now we are having to watch her close because they said at this point her hemotocrit and hemoglobin are so low that if she were to have another bleed they would have to admit her for observation and most likely give her a blood transfusion. They are thinking the reason her platelets got low was because the virus she had traveled to her bone marrow, we hope that is the case. She goes for more blood work this week and if her platelets are not up it would mean something a lot more serious than a virus. The doctor said it would take her a couple of months before her body built back up the hemotocrit and hemoglobin because she lost such a large amount of blood so during that time we have to pray she doesn't have any more bleeds. I know we are no better than anyone else to have sick children and I am so very thankful I get to take care of them but it still hurts my heart to watch them be so sick. During her sickness she has not complained one time, during the massive bleed (so bad it looked like someone had slaughtered a pig in my bathroom) she never cried or got the least bit upset. My other children would of been beside themselves, I asked her later if she was scared and she said no. I guess considering everything this poor child has seen in her little life has made her one tough little cookie. She is truly our little Angel and I thank God everyday I Get to be her mother, it is truly an honor. So please pray for her if you think of her.

Carter was my tough one during this past week and he is my helper, he is such a good boy, I am so proud of him, he helped me so much this week . I thought he was going to stay well but today he took sick, mainly his asthma, he has had several spells today, I guess it is his time to be petted by Momma, it is a circus around here. Oh the nights are an adventure as well, I guess with four kids you increase your chances on less sleep....Last night I think it was around one before I got to sleep and before 6:30am, Carter up twice, Caden up twice, Resiana up once and the baby once...OH the joys of motherhood..Yes I asked for it and belive it or not I would not have it any other way. I am just thankful that my sickness was brief and I have a wonderful husband who also happens to be an amazing father... Take Care everyone and Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Well it sounds like your Holidays were as exciting as mine.... except we only had 1 nose bleed and it was nothing compared to your poor babies! You win the award because you have 1 more kid than I do.... even though I feel sure JD counts as my oldest child- especially when he is sick :) So thankful y'all are better!
    Drea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh NO! I sure hate to hear about all the sickness and I will pray and as others to pray Resiana. Sophie has terrible nosebleeds and they said she has veins that end at the bottom of her nose and if it gets hit at the least it does look like your bathroom you described. Very bad! Hope things let up for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying all recover well - Resiana's blood counts get back where they need to be - and you never see another nose bleed!!! Bless your heart!!! (Side prayer for a good night's sleep for you too)

    ReplyDelete