The Clark Family

The Clark Family

Thursday, January 13, 2011

What a Year !!!!

Well it is about 3:40 am and I have yet to be able to go to sleep, Insomnia, I think that is the word. I cannot clean house because I have children spread throughout this house who are sleeping peacefully and I do not want to disturb them.
When Michael and I went to bed we had our usual pillow talk and our topic of conversation was our life with these children God gave us "our children" and how amazing it really is. That ten years ago he sent us a child from nearly halfway across the world from a little Island out in the pacific ocean, and what a blessing and miracle that was and how we have watched him grow into such a wonderful child a child that would of had a much different life a life I do not even want to think about, a life of poverty in its most true form but tonight he is asleep in his room safe and sound and what a blessing he has been to his father and I. We were the ones who received a great blessing when God gave him to us, he filled a void, a longing in our hearts to parent a child, to share our love with a child. We were so happy,Carter was our world and then out of the blue on a Sunday afternoon we received a phone call, a call that changed our lives. We thought Carter would probably be our only child and we were ok with that even though we wanted more we just felt extremely grateful for him, we were not seeking out anymore adoptions because we really did not know how to go about it because Carter just kinda fell from heaven to be our child so when we received the call if we would be interested in adopting again we were beyond happy to think maybe just maybe God would give us another child. We were a little afraid to get our hopes up but on that next Thursday we got the phone call that changed our world forever, it was from the doctor who was delivering the baby and it went something like this " Crystal you and Michael need to get to the hospital your baby is on the way don't worry about anything I have called the judge and lawyer and they have drawn up the paperwork and they will meet you at the hospital. Wow, so to the hospital we went and into the delivery room I walked and the birth mother said " its you...Your the one I have been carrying this baby for" I had never seen this lady in my life but God had put a connection between the two of us, I sit with her through nine hours of labor and then witnessed the birth of our precious son, Caden has been our sunshine, this child who will soon have his sixth birthday has been a joy, he makes you smile even when you want to pinch his little head off because he is being a stinker, he has a way about him a way that special, I look at him and nearly laugh just because he is such a mess, full of adventure but most humble. He has blessed our lives more than words could express. Well as you all know the story does not end there, were only half way there.
I really felt as though we were so fortunate to have two children through the miracle of adoption and did not expect anymore blessing. After the earthquake in Haiti last Jan. we felt the tug upon our heartstrings that God had another child planned for us, but after realizing Haitian children would not be placed for adoption unless you were already working toward an adoption in that country, Michael decided to get back in contact with the people who helped facilitate Carter's adoption. We could of never imagined what was in store for us, I guess you all know that story and I do not need to continue to ramble but what a year this has been, what a remarkable life God has allowed me to have. I would most of all just like to say Thank you a million times over for my life, yes it is hectic at times and I do not relish the moment like I need to but at times when it is quiet and I am all alone and I think of what God has given me an overwhelming joy floods my soul and I know its just by his mercy and great love that I have such a blessed life and that my children are just gifts from God and it is only because he allowed it. I am ashamed of living a fast paced life, a life where I worry and wonder what the future may hold, I would like to live in the moment the moment of now, the now is good, my children are just that children, precious wonderful, full of life, happy children and that is so much to be thankful for, so tomorrow when things are a little hectic, I want to remember how I am feeling now, feeling like the most blessed woman on the planet, what have I done to deserve this, nothing, nothing at all just by grace..Thank you Lord!!!!
Someday I hope I can give back, I want to know my life helped someone else and not always be consumed with me and mine, that is how it seems sometimes but with the help of God I will do something someday, I told Michael earlier tonight we should be missionaries when the kids grow up, he laughed but I was serious...You never know but for now I guess my purpose is to try and raise these precious children in the nurture and admonition of God, whew that's something big right there and I pray everyday I can do just that. That remains to be seen. Sorry I have rambled on and on and if anyone actually reads this kudos to you, its late and I had nothing better to do, well I just now thought I could of been praying,oops sorry Lord didn't even think of that, see I have a long way to go to be that creature he intended for me to be...lol..well goodnight or should I say good morning..

2 comments:

  1. I think this rambling full of thankfulness was a prayer. . .He hears the desires of the heart. . .and I felt some "worshipping" in those heartfelt words of thanks. :-) And it sure lifted my spirits (and made me cry. Happy tears.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found out about a large tax credit for adoptions finalized in 2010. It mentions special needs children, but they don't have to be. Go to http://www.nacac.org/ and click on: Learn more about the
    adoption tax credit
    Email me sometime at: candi_loyd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete