The Clark Family

The Clark Family

Friday, August 27, 2010

Emotional Day
















Today we went to the park where Resiana and her birthmother lived (not much of a park and not anything like I had pictured) it was very emotional to see where my daughter spent nearly 5 years of her life and to think of the things she has had to endure is nearly overwhelming to me. As we drove by and seen other children sitting out on the grass where Resiana spent everyday it was so sad, I just wanted to pull the van over and take out every bit of money I had and start handing it out, I know we cannot save the world but sometimes I wonder how much we could do that we do not do, what kind of difference could we make...Lord knows I want to make a difference, I want to help those poor pitiful people. No bed to lay their heads in, no shelter from the rain, its nearly to much for my mind to comprehend, I will never be the same, my life is forever changed to witness true poverty and to witness the selfless love of a mother..This woman, my childrens birthmother has a love like no other, she loves these children but has made the ultimate sacrifice, to love so much that she gives them what she cannot provide... Tonight Michael and I went and picked her and the birth father up to go with us and our family to a Luau, it was nice to spend time with them and for everyone to see her but of course its always emotional for me when I am with her, Resiana did great again and seems to have a great understanding of the situation. I watched The birthmom as she held Resiana and the look of love in her eyes as she stroked her hair and her face and realized in that moment what a true sacrifice she has made....She spoked to me of the comfort of knowing her children would never be homeless again. I am truly thankful and will never forget this precious lady!!!!










Maybe the baby will be born tomorrow, we go to the doctor at 1pm which is 6pm AL time...



The pictures are the actual "park" Resiana lived at and the sidewalk where she slept every night






4 comments:

  1. I guess we have all had our opinion about a mother who would give her children up but you said it perfectly "the ultimate sacrifice". No doubt the love she has for her children is so great that she wants the best for them, a nice home, a wonderful family, food to eat, and most of all an opportunity to serve our great big God. She is a true mother in my eyes. We are praying for all of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of her with her birthmother, it's beautiful! You can definatly tell that she loves your/her children, and I think that her comforted feeling is because she can feel the Holy Ghost when she is near you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are beautiful! Anxiously awaiting news about the baby. Hope all is well! Much love and many prayers!

    Hugs,
    Natalie Beaird

    ReplyDelete