The Clark Family

The Clark Family

Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Love Of A Mother

We have been very busy today, we went and picked up the birthmother today and spent all day with her and the transalator, we just now got back from dropping them off. Very humbling is all I know to say, so many stories they shared with me from life in the Marshall Islands and I could not help it I broke down and they said dont cry God is with us.I told them if I was rich they would never have to worry again but how sad it is to know their is thousands of other people like her and there is nothing I can do but pray for them and Love the children. Resiana's birthmother was so humble, We took her to walmart today and let her pick out some clothes, she was very hesitant and I just had to pick something up and say what about this and she would just say ok.We are trying to get her the necessary paperwork so she can be a citizen and be able to find work here in the America, she has lived here in Hawaii for several years hoping to have a better life but has not been able to get a job because she does not have the necessary paperwork.Resiana is amazing, I fiqured she would be so withdrawn and afraid but she is the very opposite she is another Caden she laughs all the time and when she gets excited she starts tslking real fast in Marshalesse,She speaks very good english but her and her birthmother always spoke marshalesse to each other.I kinda hate that I will not be able to help her retain her other language but of course we do not know how to speak it, they did teach me a few words and I will teach them to Carter also. It is beyond wonderful the way we can feel the hand of God over here, we were driving in the van today and I felt like singing them a song, so Michael and I sang Thank You Lord For Your Blessings On Me and I could feel the presense of the Lord. When we got done, the transalator told me "I feel the spirit and I am not even a christian", the birthmother had silent tears flowing down her cheeks. Our emotions are crazy right now, it took every thing I had not to rack with grief, I did break down but I refrained from wailing, gut wrenching stories. To think she has never known life as we have. I will carry her in my heart forever.Today may have been the last time she will see Resiana and she knew that...when I went into the store with the translator.. Michael, Resiana, and her birthmother was in the van, and Resiana climbed in the back of the van with her birthmother and they began to speak Marshallesse and her birthmom took her dirty and ragged purse and pulled out some braclets and a handful of change and gave it to Resiana, I can hardly see thru my tears to write this..I am forever changed..I gotta go to emotional..Love you all and thank you for the prayers!!

7 comments:

  1. Tony and I just read this entry and we both broke into tears...how I wish we could help her in some way...she has given our family a gift beyond measure...please let her know how much we love her and that she will be in our thoughts and hearts forever..............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin and I just read this its been a while since we cried like that. We are still praying for you guys. We love you and Resiana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the sweetest story. When I was reading that part about yall singing to them in the van I felt that and I began to cry. This is so good! I don't really know yall but this is so good. You don't hear very many GOOD Stories anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i feel the work God wants done is happening with each and every heart and prayer, thought, paragraph and comment.. at this day and time, we needed this wake-up-call.. this birthmother has also been given a wonderful gift, the peace of knowing resiana is in the hands of a living GOD,the one she prayed to for a christian family to raise her child.a family of pure heart and sincere faith.we all are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you just found out about me,
    at first,you could not believe it.
    But when the reality finally hit,
    you knew what you had to do.
    When your plans with me where finished,
    and the Lord's time was right,i was born.
    The doctor cut the cord that tied us together,
    and i became my own little person.
    When i met my new Mommy,
    her love for me burst forth.
    The love was matched with only one other,
    her love for you,for your unselfish act of love for me.
    You and i will never be tied together by life's cord again,
    but by the cord of love,which is much stronger,and can stand the test of time.
    So when you think of me,
    don't think of me with sadness,but with pride.
    Because of your love for me,
    I dont have just one Mommy,
    I have two!!!



    When I read this I thought of what a big difference the two mother's love for Resiana has already made in her little life. My heart is so filled with joy and sadness at the same time ,you both are two very strong mothers with so much love and are so strong. we love yall and hope to c-ya soon
    Breanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't tell you how I've enjoyed reading all of your daily postings.They are so touching,I have been sharing them with other people.I truly hope the good Lord blesses Resiana's mother too.Can't wait to see your new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot imagine what the birthmother's heart is going through,or yours. BUT...how many of us have come to you and said "if anything happens to us, we want YOU to take our children".It's because we all could feel the love you have.There is a trust with you two above all others. I TRUELY believe she KNOWS Resiana will have the best life she could possibly have with you two and our dear sweet Lord. I also know God heard her prayers. I just believe the Lord will help her with her life... I love you soooo much!!! Phyllis

    ReplyDelete