The Clark Family

The Clark Family

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Reflecting

As I sit here again feeling the breeze from the ocean and watching the waves roll in, I sit here with such a thankful heart, a heart that has been humbled. words cannot express my gratitude to our loving Saviour, The magnificent beauty I see right now from the balcony of our condo is enough to humble anyone, to think OUR God has made it by the touch of his hand,why do we worry- why do we fear for if he controls the way the wind blows and controls how high the waves are surely he can take care of you and I...This week has been such a demonstration to me of his almighty power..Our daughter(Who is napping in a BED right now)has opened my eyes to soo many things and for that I am so grateful..To think of the vanity of life of worry if my hair looks ok or we have a new outfit for homecoming and my boys have all the cool stuff other kids have,How silly.. I have never been one to think I had to have the best or had to have name brands,I dont care where it come from as long as I like it but still if I am not careful I put to much thought in things of that nature nevertheless I am sure I will want to dress Resiana as cute as I possibly can but that is not the point the point is there are people as I speak that do not have shoes on their feet and they sure aint worried if there Yellow Box or Sperry or Nike or any other name brand, I wish with everything that was in me I could make a difference, it would not matter to me if I wore clothes from Dollar General or where ever if I could take part of what little money we do have and help these poor poor people... I know I cannot save the world but Praise God I know who can and that is my prayer that he will do that.The joy my children bring is more joy that can be put into words..I sit here feeling the Lord at this very moment and I just want to praise him. Resiana by the mercy of our Lord will never go hungry again or will never suffer the way she has in her few short years on this earth, she has renewed me I am a better person because of her..Never again do I want to take things for granted but I am sure I will but I pray I will never in the way I one time did..Her birthmom changed my life as well,such an humble an grateful soul she has and the hardships she has faced is unimaginable.I know only God can have his way of working things out and I know he will.Maybe those times it has crossed my mind to leave change in the coke machines or to randomly drop quarters in parking lots or silly little things like that, maybe after all it was the Lord giving me those thoughts and someone like Resiana's birthmom happened up on it and was able to buy a drink, I dont know but I will tell you this much I wanna Listen a little closer to the still small voice in my head - just in case...Love to all!!!

6 comments:

  1. This is surely the most beautiful post of all. Another chapter of God's lessons to ALL of us - through you. Thank you - and most of all, Praise the Lord! My prayer is that I can be a better reflection of God's love because of the "insight" He has given us through your experiences and your example. God bless you as you travel and always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will agree with sis sherrill this post is so precious. all the way in hawaii you have helped me. i used to tell my dad when i was little that when i got older and rich i was gonna build a bunch of houses so that the homeless could have somewhere to live and the best i can remeber he always thought that was a good idea. although i am about grown i am not rich but the thoughs have never faded i would love to make a difference. i would love to help the less fontunate and i try when the lord lets me. yall are such wonderful people and the lord is so good. i hope yall have a fast safe trip home. we will be praying for yall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bro. Michael & Sis. Crystal: Our family has thoroughly enjoined reading your posts the past week or so. It has truly blessed our hearts. Someone before church yesterday was talking about their spouse telling them about it and he said he was driving with tears in his eyes. I've heard the saying before "if that don't light your fire, your wood's wet"...that's so true here! I hope ya'll have a safe trip home! We love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have really enjoyed keeping up with yall this past week. All through life you hear about people that have it rough but don't realize how bad it is until you really see it. Dad got tore up when he read about her mother praying for a christian family. No doubt the Lord did hear her. That is just what the Lord sent her. Yall are great examples. I'm so glad she is with yall. Yall have a safe trip home. Love yall

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet. We all take for granted what the Lord has so sweetly given us. I hope your trip home will be safe. Prayer was asked last night at church for your flight home and that Resiana would do great! Our love and prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I laughed, I cried, I was on an emotional roller coaster the past week. Thanks for sharing-we have ALL been humbled by it. I can't wait for you guys to get back. Adriana is so thrilled over Resiana, and anxious to see your little girl. She's been begging to call you for days and ask which toys you would like-she's been sorting through stuff to find things for her to play with. Resiana is touching the hearts of our kids also, and I think it's a blessing for them to realize how rich they really are. I love you all so much. J & A Adkins

    ReplyDelete