The Clark Family

The Clark Family

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Well we are still in Tn and looks like we could be here for a least another week, Michael said it felt like we had been halfway around the world and back and we still aint home. I am here to tell you there is no place like home...But just to all be together means so much..We have had lots of good quality time together and that has been wonderful but we are ready to get back in the swing of things, Michael has been able to go to church and work, so that has been good but I think it has been nearly three weeks since I have been to church and I am ready to go , I miss being there so bad and miss my church family as well. Resiana ask every time Michael leaves for church to go with him, and every night when we say our bedtime prayers(Now I lay me down to sleep) she folds her little hands and tries to say it,even though she does'nt know it yet, and when were finished she begs for us to do it again, I think last night we said it five times.. I am still amazed everyday at her acceptance of us. I was hugging her the other day and telling her how much we loved her and that we would be her Mommy and Daddy forever and she said " your not going to leave me at the park no more" and I said no baby were going to take care of you forever..I was also talking with her about some of the scars she has on her legs and asked her what happened and she said "oh that is where the cockroaches bit me" and that got me, I can not comprehend that..She has dealt with more in her short little life than I have ever thought about. I was putting cream on her sores that are on her head and it took about thirty minutes to doctor her head and she sat there still as could be and when I told her I was done she looked up at me and said "Thank you Mommy "she is such an humble little girl, everyday is another lesson and I am enjoying being taught..Children are truly a most wonderful gift from God and I praise him for blessing us beyond measure, three times over!!!

5 comments:

  1. This is probably the first time in her little life that she truely feels safe. All i can say is "wow". How thankful I am that she has y'all now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, we live such a sheltered life. I just couldn't imagine how much she has went through in her little life. I hope it won't be much longer and you guys will be at home. I am so thankful that you guys have shared your story with all of us cause it has really opened my eyes. She is so lucky to have such a good family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sis!!! I MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

    I am so glad God has chosen Resiana to bless...giving her such loving parents and wonderful brothers not to mention those loving granparents!! Ya'll are so special.

    I look for updates on here every couple of hours...you should post more blogs!!!!!

    See ya this weekend maybe :)

    Love
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet! I am always checking for updates! I can't wait to see her...She is so beautiful! I feel like I know her from just reading your post. She sounds like an Angel.
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well - I'm thinking that maybe this is similar to the wait mothers have when they CAN'T WAIT to have that baby. . .God is so good to bless us so abundantly with the desires of our hearts (sometimes in ways that weren't what we planned!), but He loves us enough to not spoil us rotten to the point we wouldn't be grateful. . .LOL. So sorry you are not home - but knowing how much sweeter it will be when you do finally get there! And most of all, knowing His plans are perfect and He has PROVEN over and over that we can trust Him. No matter what. THAT is what gives me a smile and peace when the adversary threatens to steal both! So thankful for Resiana's rescue - and God's provision for all of you - and for the promises He has made for all of your futures. Hoping those promises get you to Alabama real soon! We love you!!!

    ReplyDelete